The real question is: Should you get the Abortion Pill over the Internet? There are many reasons that you should NOT based on the FDA (Food and Drug Administration)’s warnings:
- It is illegal. The FDA has said that the Abortion Pill is not available in retail pharmacies and not legally available over the Internet. The FDA warns consumers they should not buy it over the Internet because they will bypass important safeguards designed to protect their health.
- It is important to accurately date your pregnancy. Your last menstrual period provides initial dating but may not be completely accurate. An ultrasound can accurately date your pregnancy (find out about obtaining a free ultrasound).
- It is important to check for and be able to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy is where the embryo has attached outside of the uterus. This can cause a serious medical emergency. An ultrasound can also check for this.
- In some cases, very heavy vaginal bleeding will need to be stopped by a surgical procedure. It is important to have accurate information on signs and symptoms and where to get care.
- It is important that whoever provides the abortion pill should investigate the possibility of sepsis in those women who have nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea and weakness with or without abdominal pain after taking the abortion pill. These symptoms, even without a fever, may indicate a serious infection.
- There are many women who medically should not take the abortion pill.
- As of December 31, 2018, there were reports of 24 deaths of women associated with Mifeprex since the product was approved in September 2000, including two cases of ectopic pregnancy resulting in death; and several cases of severe systemic infection (also called sepsis), including some that were fatal.
If you have looked at purchasing the abortion pill over the Internet, you are probably feeling very desperate about your possible pregnancy. Our clinic can help. All of our services are free of charge. Call or text us: 443.333.8856.
Learn more at the FDA Website: Questions and Answers on Mifeprex.