Just four words, “I think I’m pregnant.” and your life is turned upside down. Who knew four little words could change everything? If you’ve recently heard those words from your partner, we’re sure you’re wondering what to do next. We can help. At Women’s Clinics Maryland, we don’t just help women. We are here for you too.
While an unplanned pregnancy is often considered just a woman’s issue, it impacts men too. After all, you are a very important part of the equation. You’re probably asking yourself, “Should I get involved?” “Do I even want to get involved?” The answer is, “Yes.” You and your opinion matter. If you would like to meet with a male counselor, we have that option available, please let us know when you call.
Your Next Step
- First, set up an appointment for both of you to discuss your situation and options confidentially with one of our counselors. At the appointment you’ll be able to confirm the pregnancy.
- Next, after a positive pregnancy test, you will receive a viability ultrasound at Women’s Clinics Maryland.
- Finally, ask each other, “Should we consider abortion?” “What do we think about making an adoption plan?” “Could we co-parent?” By talking through every option, you will both be confident in your final decision. We can help you get answers to questions you may have, no one should ever have to make this decision alone.
Suggestions For What Not To Do
- Do not pressure her. It is important that both of you take time to make this life-altering decision.
- Listen to the advice of others, but do not rely on them for the final answer. You are the one who will live with the consequences, not them.
- Do not throw up your hands and say, “Do whatever you want.” She is looking to you for assurance that you will both make the right decision.
- Do not walk away. Because you are here, reading this, we know you are a man of integrity. See the process through to the final choice.
Hearing that your partner may be pregnant can be quite a shock. If you need someone you can trust, give us a call. We’re here for you as well as for her. Set up an appointment with one of our counselors, and if you would like to meet with a male counselor, that option is available to you. You can share your life’s situation, current relationship, and your future expectations. It costs nothing to talk.
Women’s Clinics Maryland neither performs nor refers for abortion.